DJ Khushi reveals the fav dance numbers of Bollywood stars
DJ Khushi’s Bollywood remixes have made him a household name in the Indian music fraternity. And even though his ability lies in spinning sounds as varied as retro, hip hop as well as house, it’s Bollywood and EDM sounds that he enjoys immensely. Having played at Bollyland, TOIFA, Zee Cine Awards, Filmfare Awards, Stardust Awards and a horde of others.
He has remixed for several Bollywood movies such as “Ra One”, “Desi Boyz”, ‘Tum Mile”, “Main Aur Mrs Khanna”, “Kaminey”etc. to name a few. He’s worked alongside DJ’s like Suketu, Rishi Rich, Juggy D and Nikhil Chinapa, apart from working with music directors like Indian Ocean, Daler Mehndi, Mika, Pritam, Raju Singh, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, Mithoon Sharma, Shaan, Amit Trivedi, Vishal-Shekhar, Ajay-Atul.
DJ Khushi has rocked events hosted by the likes of Farooq Abdullah, Lakshmi Mittal, Anil Ambani , Sanjay & Ajay Chandra (unitech) , Sameer Thapar, Burmans (Dabur family), Jaipurias (Pepsi), Goenkas, Ansals, Nishant and Khushali Kumar Arora, Anshuman Singhania, Lakhanis, Shalini Modi, Meera Nair and Miss Universe Organisation and the Morani brothers (Cineyug), among others.
DJ Khushi in the spotlight
- Only DJ has worked with Grammy winning artist A.R. Rahman
- Shah Rukh Khan’s official DJs
- Known as the unofficial ‘Bollywood Remix King’
- First Indian DJ to be selected in the prestigious ‘Pure by Pacha’ CD pack (2014)
- First DJ to create a track for an IPL team (Delhi Daredevils)
Star’s favorite nnumbers
- Shahrukh Khan – Chammak Challo
- Kareena Kapoor – Fevicol Se
- Priyanka Chopra – Exotic
- Salman Khan – Munni Badnam Hui
- Shahid Kapoor – Dhating Naach
5 recommended evergreen dance numbers
- Tu Mera Hero
- Jaanu Meri Jaan
- Dum Maaro Dum
- Laila Main Laila
- Pyaar Ne Dil Mein Maar Di Goli
Current top five remixes
- Avicii – Wake Me Up (Oliver Heldens Remix)
- Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars (Hardwell Remix)
- Calvin Harris – Summer (Rehab Remix)
- David Guetta – Shot Me Down (Rush West Remix)
- Armin Van Burren – Ping Pong (Hardwell Remix)
3 tips for aspiring DJ’s
- Be updated with the latest technology and softwares & hardwares. Every few months technology is evolving and it’s important to be in loop with the latest trends.
- Be musically updated and study your music well and you should be well aware of the latest trends of music all over the world. The more music you hear the less it is as there is so much amazing music in every corner of the world
- Build strong and long lasting relationships. This is as important as being technically and musically updated. Your talent along with your relationships with people will always help you go a long way