Bold yet beautiful, sensual yet aesthetic, and romantic yet practical, Designer Adarsh Gill’s latest Spring Summer collection serves as a synonym to exquisite charm, beauty and elegance.
- Encapsulating flowy feminine silhouettes accentuated with embroideries, in summer-y creams and whites is a medley of innovative inspirations and fine influences.
- Intricate patterns on clothing and delicate embellishments mark finesse, luxury and exuberance in the garments.
- Trendy neckline, fine quality fabric, perfect fitting and attractive embellishments.
- The new collection is part of the designer’s innate persona and is best described as ‘understated perfection’ – either you have it, or you don’t!
- The collection itself very holistically emphasises fluidity in perfect harmony with the tailored.
About the Designer
Long before the Indian fashion movement came alive, Adarsh Gill pioneered Indian refinement to the west in the seventies when she dressed innumerable global personalities. She retailed at several famed stores in the United States such as Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, I Magnin, Henri Bendel and Bonwit Teller. Her creations are worn by the likes of the legendary actress and ballerina Natalia Makarova, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, theatre actor Charlene Nederlander, the Kellogg heiress, legendary singers Diana Ross and Barbara Streisand, actor Uma Thurman, Zubin Mehta’s wife Nancy Mehta, Maureen Wadia, Zarine Khan and her family, as well as the the Royal families of Jaipur and Kashmir.
A couturier of international distinction and repute, Adarsh Gill has lived and retailed out of both the couture capitals: New York and Paris. In New York her label has been critiqued in fashion journals of the seventies. Adarsh lends her mastery of traditional Indian embroidery to contemporary and innovative cuts and silhouettes. She took her New York experience combined with her inherent sense of perfection to France, expanding her business to Europe. Imbibing the continental flair to her American design training, she mastered a global vision.